Build, Maintain and report on Financial models and dashboards that cater for the pricing and profitability of all short-term products within Bidvest Insurance Group.
What You’ll Need
At Bidvest Insurance, we’re all part of a ‘BE’VOLUTION where we live our values each and every day for the benefit of our colleagues, customers, partners, stakeholders and our environment.
Experience and Education
- Actuarial or Mathematical postgraduate degree or equivalent Minimum of 3 years of pricing and or financial modelling experience
- Must have ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries), FSA is desirable Management skills are required
- Problem Resolution Skills and Product Knowledge Social / Networking skills
- Time Management
- Motivated, ambitious, results driven & good communications skills Presentation Skills
- Ability to work under pressure Analytical Skills
- Computer Literacy – Word, Excel & PowerPoint Programming Skills – VBA & SAS (SAS essential)
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Do monthly dashboards on each product within the short-term range of products. This includes Travel Insurance, Motor VAPs, Service & Maintenance Plans, Comprehensive Personal lines and Commercial insurance.
- Highlight key areas for underwriting intervention or operational changes in order to enhance profitability
- Develop/Maintain Pricing model for Short-term personal lines insurance Develop/Maintain Pricing model for Service and Maintenance products Liaise with various departments around their underwriting performance. Liaise with various stakeholders to obtain data in a timely manner
- Manage projects established to support goals identified in strategic and operating plans Planning & Forecasting, Review and interpret models and make recommendations for planning, forecasting and reporting process
Preference will be given to PDI candidates in line with our EE strategy.
Interested candidates to please submit their CV to:
Bidvest Insurance is an authorised Financial Services Provider FSP46395