We’re on the search for a talented, energetic and experienced Desktop Support Engineer to join our innovative team at Bidvest Insurance!
Bidvest Insurance is a Short Term insurer within the Financial Services division of the larger Bidvest Group and operates alongside other great companies such as Bidvest Bank, Bidvest Life, FMI, Compendium Insurance Brokers and others.
Bidvest Insurance is one of South Africa’s fastest growing insurance companies and was founded in 1997. With the support of the larger Bidvest Group we have successfully expanded and evolved through our dedicated commitment to our values, customers, partners and staff. Interested individuals looking to join Bidvest Insurance can expect to join a young and energetic team that challenge convention and who are intent on building long term relationships with all stakeholders.
As one of South Africans largest diversified industrial companies, your career aspirations with us are only limited by your own imagination.
This position will be responsible for maintenance of IT equipment, Network Infrastructure, Audiovisual equipment as well as provide first line and second line technical support to all users in the business. It requires a professional who can work independently and will be able to work on his own with minimum supervision.
What You’ll Need
At Bidvest Insurance, we’re all part of a ‘BE’VOLUTION where we live our values each and every day for the benefit of our colleagues, customers, partners, stakeholders and our enviroment.
- Install and configure computer systems
- Maintain office network infrastructure and manage capacity as well as redundancy
- Manage a concise asset management register for all office equipment
- Ensure all audiovisual equipment is operational at all times
- Manage the asset rotation policy for IT equipment
- Provide remote desktop assistance to users, ensuring issues are resolved timeously
- Configure telephone equipment, ensuring all desk phones are operational at all times, maintaining a complete telephone list of the business
- Escalate queries with service providers where resolution cannot be found internally
- Be the first point of contact for all user support within the office
- Manage and maintain user desktop moves, office computer moves, and relocation of services when applicable
- Works closely with other departments like HR for new users in terms of equipment and Induction processes (IT related)
Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent is a requirement
- National Diploma in information technology is a pre-requisite
- A+, N+ will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English is a must
- Other languages will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies within an IT environment will be advantageous
- Industry Certification(s) will be an ideal
- 3 – 4 years’ experience as a Desktop Support engineer in a call centre environment will be preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power-point and MS Outlook
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Results driven and goal oriented
- Planning and Time Management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem resolution skills
- Data collection ability
- Attention to detail
- Organising skills
- People’s person
- Analytical skills
Preference will be given to PDI candidates in line with our EE strategy.
Interested candidates to please submit their CV to: email@example.com
Bidvest Insurance Brokers is an authorised Financial Services Provider