EXECUTIVE PA TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
We’re on the search for a talented, energetic and experienced person to join our innovative team at Bidvest Insurance!
Bidvest Insurance is a Short Term insurer within the Financial Services division of the larger Bidvest Group and operates alongside other great companies such as Bidvest Bank, Bidvest Life, FMI, Compendium Insurance Brokers and others.
Bidvest Insurance is one of South Africa’s fastest growing insurance companies and was founded in 1997. With the support of the larger Bidvest Group, we have successfully expanded and evolved through our dedicated commitment to our values, customers, partners and staff. Interested individuals looking to join Bidvest Insurance can expect to join a young and energetic team that challenge convention and who are intent on building long-term relationships with all stakeholders.
As one of South Africans largest diversified industrial companies, your career aspirations with us are only limited by your own imagination.
As the Executive Personal Assistant (PA) you will work closely with the Managing Director (MD) as well as Executives and Board Members of the company to provide administrative support you will assist the MD and Executives to make the best use of their time by dealing with various secretarial and administrative duties associated with a medium to large sized business.
As PA to the MD, you will act as the first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation and as such integrity and confidentiality is of paramount importance. Attention to detail with all secretarial duties as well as an ability to clearly plan and effectively manage is essential.
What You’ll Need
At Bidvest Insurance, we’re all part of a ‘BE’VOLUTION where we live our values each and every day for the benefit of our colleagues, customers, partners, stakeholders and our environment.
Experience and Education
- Matric or Equivalent
- Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or any related qualification
- 5 -10 years’ experience as a Personal Assistant to Senior Management in a medium-sized organization Advanced Computer Knowledge, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communicator (both written & verbal) with high attention to detail Able to work with multi-cultural and diverse teams with minimal supervision
- General business knowledge & understanding of a Financial Services/Insurance environment Commitment to customer service
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and targets
- Possess a high level of integrity & maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility / Adaptability – able to go the extra mile when needed and work after hours Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work Creative mind to resolve day to day problems
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience as a personal assistant, office manager, front office manager or administrative assistant
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide extensive personal and administrative support to the Managing Director Manage and maintain effective diary for the Managing Director
- Prepare and submit reports as and when required by the Managing Director
- Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and attend to their distribution or response
- Receive all incoming calls and address appropriately
- Create & maintain office systems, including data management and filing
- Perform general office management duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records and supervising the maintenance of the office and office equipment.
- Arrange, coordinate and manage all travel requirements for the Managing Director and staff Arrange and coordinate conferences, meetings, etc. as required by the Managing Director and Executives
- Assist with compiling agendas, minutes and presentations
- Carry out ad hoc specific projects and background research as well as presenting findings Manage office expenditure and address outstanding accounts in line with budget
- Ability to keep sensitive information safe and confidential
- He/she will be responsible for document control and maintain the company’s library (in terms of all Exco /Management Packs)
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards, etc.)
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain a professional image
- Ad hoc duties might include completing personal tasks for executives, such as shopping for company / corporate gifts and assisting with functions for the Company
Preference will be given to PDI candidates in line with our EE strategy.
Closing date: 20th February 2018
Interested candidates to please submit their CV to:
Bidvest Insurance is an authorised Financial Services Provider FSP46395