We’re on the search for a talented, energetic and experienced person to join our innovative team at Bidvest Insurance!
Bidvest Insurance is a Short Term insurer within the Financial Services division of the larger Bidvest Group and operates alongside other great companies such as Bidvest Bank, Bidvest Life, FMI, Compendium Insurance Brokers and others.
Bidvest Insurance is one of South Africa’s fastest growing insurance companies and was founded in 1997. With the support of the larger Bidvest Group we have successfully expanded and evolved through our dedicated commitment to our values, customers, partners and staff. Interested individuals looking to join Bidvest Insurance can expect to join a young and energetic team that challenge convention and who are intent on building long term relationships with all stakeholders.
As one of South Africa’s largest diversified industrial companies, your career aspirations with us are only limited by your own imagination.
The role will involve 70% Project Management and 30% Business Analysis. The project manager’s role will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. The project manager will control, mitigate and reduce risks within the project. This position will ensure all stakeholders are kept up to date with the project status.
The Business Manager / Analyst is required to assist in the implementation of new technology and to support the business with improving business processes in the most cost effective way. This position will be involved with the design and/or modification of IT business systems. This position will document and analyze business needs and requirements.
What You’ll Need
At Bidvest Insurance, we’re all part of a ‘BE’VOLUTION where we live our values each and every day for the benefit of our colleagues, customers, partners, stakeholders and our enviroment.
- Planning, implementing and delivery of infrastructural and nonfunctional IT projects
- Define scope, plan the project and agree on structure and deliverables according to the business strategy
- Actively participate in all phases and activities of the project and provide specialist guidance to the project team
- Interact with management and technical resources to generate new solutions to complex problems
- Provide recommended resources to management for approval & negotiate to assign resources
- Provide remote desktop assistance to users, ensuring issues are resolved timeously
- Manage stakeholder relationships and customer engagement
- Aligning technology to support business needs
- Co-ordinate the project team by allocating tasks, monitoring progress and securing commitment for project delivery
- Manage and maintain user desktop moves, office computer moves, and relocation of services when applicable
- Develop a communication plan, manage and run routine project meetings i.e. team, vendor, testers, etc.
- Work on solutions supporting multiple business areas, integration points and a large number of affected components
- Participate in solution design processes, prepare the required specifications
- Analyses and decompose relevant business processes
- Perform business analysis and process improvement within assigned solution projects
- Provide assistance to delivery on implementation and training
- Document existing and new processes and compile and maintain a risk register
- Co-ordinate and manage workshops related to all critical systems between internal staff and external
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time-to-time
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- 5 years’ experience in Project Management / and or BA in Financial Services environment
Skills and Competencies
- Communication Skills
- Change Management Skills
- Technical Report writing Skills
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodology
- Ability to work in a Team
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Advanced Excel) and MS Projects
- Analytical and problem-solving Skills
Preference will be given to PDI candidates in line with our EE strategy.
Interested candidates to please submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bidvest Insurance Brokers is an authorised Financial Services Provider