We’re on the search for a talented, energetic and experienced Senior Infrastructure and Network Engineer to join our innovative IT team at Bidvest Insurance!
Bidvest Insurance is a Short Term insurer within the Financial Services division of the larger Bidvest Group and operates alongside other great companies such as Bidvest Bank, Bidvest Life, FMI, Compendium Insurance Brokers and others.
Bidvest Insurance is one of South Africa’s fastest growing insurance companies and was founded in 1997. With the support of the larger Bidvest Group we have successfully expanded and evolved through our dedicated commitment to our values, customers, partners and staff. Interested individuals looking to join Bidvest Insurance can expect to join a young and energetic team that challenge convention and who are intent on building long term relationships with all stakeholders.
As one of South Africans largest diversified industrial companies, your career aspirations with us are only limited by your own imagination.
Oversees hardware and network infrastructure to ensure stable operation of the company’s IT assets. Responsible for Project Management within the IT network infrastructure functionality of the organisation.
What You’ll Need
At Bidvest Insurance, we’re all part of a ‘BE’VOLUTION where we live our values each and every day for the benefit of our colleagues, customers, partners, stakeholders and our enviroment.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, deliveries, supporting strategic plans and implementing information technologies projects.
- Responsible for maintaining, monitoring and supporting the company’s IT infrastructure, which includes: servers, computers, printers and secure certificates for local area networks and bandwidth internet connectivity
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices and user projects.
- Completes infrastructure projects by coordinating resources, timetables with user departments and data centre.
- Verifies application results by conducting system of technologies audits
- Ensures routine maintenance, patches, upgrades, backup systems (generator, UPS, disaster recovery site, etc.) are in place and properly maintained.
- Ensures that appropriate system backups are conducted and retained for all systems
- Safeguard assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures, information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervises IT support staff by providing guidance and ensuring development within the department.
Qualification and Experience
- IT Diploma or Degree.
- 5 to 10 years information Technology or related field.
- Post Graduate Degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a similar environment will be ideal.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of an IT environment.
- Dependable: Excellent attendance record, maintains positive working relationship with co-workers and
customers; maintains positive and proactive attitude.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to communicate with management, users, colleagues and vendors.
- Strong listening skills to ensure that the needs of all parties are understood.
- The ability to maintain current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology environment.
Preference will be given to PDI candidates in line with our EE strategy.
Interested candidates to please submit their CV to: email@example.com
Bidvest Insurance is an authorised Financial Services Provider – FSP46395